Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Knitting


I love knitting, I am the first to admit that I am rather slow, but I do so enjoy the whole process of it.  I grabbed one of my countless knitting bags out the other day and discovered these.  My first pair of socks I tried to knit, I started these 2 1/2 years ago, I started great and managed to finish the first sock in about 2 months..  Yes, as I said I am slow.  I even started the 2nd sock and this is as much as I managed it has now been sitting since then waiting.  So I am determined I am going to finish it in time for winter.  The wool I used is a silk wool blend and I must say they feel wonderful on.  Well 1 does anyway:-)


Then I dug a little deeper and found this little scarf I was knitting for the girls, its hard to tell the colour, but it is a pretty pale purple and lime green finished off with thin black thread.  This is some of the wool my sister has spun.  It is so soft and snuggly..  So I think I might have a go at finishing this one tonight, I don't have much wool left, so it shouldn't take long.


Emeline turned 6 today so we have been rather busy enjoying the day.

Have a great evening.

0 comments: