Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goodbye winter

Whewww....  Its about 30 degrees here today.  So I can safely say spring is here, and summer is certainly on its way.  Plus the little boy on the school bus did the pinch and the punch thing this morning when I dropped Em off at the bus.  It brought a smile to my face, some things never change.  
So I've been attempting to spread the love this week.  Now if I still lived in town this would be a lot easier.  But I have managed a few things,
Day 1:  Cooked my family a special roast pork dinner, and I let Em and Elsie eat all the crackley.  Yes I am a good mum :-)
Day 2:  Had my friends husband over for dinner, and cooked him a cornmeat (as she doesn't enjoy cooking it :-)  ).
Day 3:  Did extra work helping my husband.  Above and beyond the call of duty.  Also called my Mum, just to say hello.  We miss her so much.  Sent a couple of extras to a friend I am doing a swap with.
Thats about it so far.  Still a few days to go.  But I think, the spread the love thing, should be a year round thing......

I have recently been inspired the many blogs out there about sewing, and I started pulling out some of my WIP's that have been hanging around for years, while I have been spring cleaning, and I have decided it is time to get them finished, so I thought I might attempt to squeeze in one a week.

This Weeks W.I.P.


I started this Christmas stitchery, sadly 5 years ago.  It really only needs to be finished off, so I thought I would start with the easiest one to get finished.  Hopefully my Mojo will start flowing and I will keep the motivation going to finish the rest. 
Have a fantastic day.  Enjoy every second.  xx

0 comments: