Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Handmade


Emeline took this photo yesterday.  Not too bad for a 5 year old.  My sister crocheted me this beautiful poncho style top.  Would you believe it only took her 2 days on her way to work on the train.  This sort of thing would take me about 2 years, she is the queen of speed.  I made the skirt, years ago as part of my fashion design course and Nanny made the little dress for Elsie.

Last time I was visiting my mum, I came across this bun cover from when I was little, and have decided to give it makeover for Emeline.  It is in nearly perfect condition.

We have had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year.  They are still going even coming into spring,  I covered them with a tarp every night so they wouldn't got frosted, this is about half of what I picked yesterday, and there is still a truck load on the vines.  We have certainly managed to keep all our family and friends in good supply.  They are so tasty and smell devine.  Even kids that don't normally eat them, have been picking them straight off the vines and eating them like apples.  Lets hope the next crop is as good.

Have a great dayxx

0 comments: